Happy New Year, dear Winged Wonders! I’ve immensely enjoyed reading everyone’s wrap up posts. I think it’s time to do one of my own. 2018 was quite the year. It was a year of really finding myself. It also flew by, don’t you think?
2018 had so much good, but disappointment as well. Was it a bad year? No. Could it have been better? Yes. Looking back, I could only find major good moments. In almost every major bad moment, there was some good. I’m going to try to focus on the good in 2019.
I kind of stopped doing Chats With Wings halfway through the year. I’d like to start that back up again. Look out for December’s, coming soon. I also kind of stopped blogging halfway throughout the year. I wasn’t really sure what to post. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to post. That’s kind of what I meant by “finding myself”. Finding who I am, what I want to do, what’s important to me. I learned that I don’t like being put into a box. A single niche.
With that in mind, here are some of my highlights from the year. You might notice, they’re from multiple categories.
- Swimming with manatees
- Making new friends (Both on and off the blogosphere)
- Reading so many amazing books!
- Going to California
- Being elected as part of my school’s student government
- Making a competitive volleyball team
- Being in my school’s musical
- Seeing Taylor Swift in concert!
- Being in my cousin’s wedding
- Coming up with an amazing book idea
And those are just the big ones.
2018 was certainly not perfect. There were some low moments. Certainly some sad moments. But, with each one, I got stronger.
Now, for that goal recap. I was…ambitious to say the least. I’ll be doing goals from last year and goals for this year. We’ll begin with…books!
- Read 200 books: Yep, I successfully completed this! My total was 204. Would you guys like to see a reading recap?
- Read 10 nonfiction books: I totally exceeded this one! I ended up reading over 30! I read a lot of great biographies.
- Read 10 classics: ….I read 4. I think one was a modern classic. 😉
- Read two new series and finish others: I did read two new series! I also finished Keeper, which is my new favorite series.
- Reread Harry Potter: No. I did not. But I will.
- Read 175 books. I fear I’ll be getting busier this year.
- Read 7 classics
- Read 2 series and finish another
- Re. Read. Harry. Potter.
- Read a highly recommended series/Duology/Trilogy
Writing (2018) :
- Write three books: I wrote a quarter of one and a quarter of another.
- Edit two books: I read through one of my books and replotted it. Does that count?
- Write three story ideas each day: I discovered that this doesn’t really work for me.
- Write two books
- Write more poems and short stories
- Research traditional publishing more
- Reach 150 followers: Yep! We are about 160 strong. Thanks, guys!
- Have one contest or giveaway of some sort: I had a Q&A? And a giveaway that no one entered.
- Publish one book review a month: Nope, not even close.
- Reach 250 followers!
- Comment more often on other people’s posts
- Post one book review a month
- Look into email lists and other social media
- Read the Bible: I didn’t really do this. I mean, I did a little bit. But, I won’t really count that.
- Do good in this world: I like to think that I did.
- Write in a journal every day: Nope.
- Practice volleyball a few times a week: Yes! I practiced volleyball a lot!
- Read the Bible a few days a week
- Do a big service project
- Start bullet journaling again
- Exercise every day
- Play at least one instrument 25 out of 30 days in a month
- Enjoy the year!
I’m going to end with a short little blogging recap. We ended last year with about 65 followers. We have 164 followers right now! This year, my most popular post was my January Chats With Wings.
My four favorite posts were:
Well, that’s it, guys. 2018 has ended. Here’s to an amazing 2019!